Wednesday 11 February 2015

Deep Plum and Chocolate.

For a recent trip to Cardiff I tried something different - plum lips. I'm in love with this combo and felt like I had to share it with you lovely people. I paired the dark lips with a warm toned neutral eye and warm, bronze skin. (To see my looks, follow my instagram: oicharr). To see how I achieved the look below, carry on reading.

Firstly it's very important to moisturise and prime the skin. I use the Smashbox Photo Finish Colour Correcting Adjust primer. The primer is a green colour and helps correct my redness. I love this primer!

Next I apply my M.A.C Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15 with a random, cheap fluffy brush to brighten my under eye. Using my favourite foundation, M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 and a M.A.C 159 brush I apply my foundation in small patting motions in the centre of my face and blend in circular motions close to my hairline, ear and down my neck to blend it out.

Brows are my favourite part of my routine - they're like my babies! Using an Anastasia Beverly Hills no.7 brush I spooly my eyebrow hairs upwards and using the brush side, I use Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown to draw out and fill in my brows. To darken the tail I use the same brush with M.A.C Fluidline in Dipdown. To carve my brows out I use Benefit's Erase Paste in Light and a random concealer brush (I think it's from Morphe).

Now for the long part, the eyeshadow. Firstly, to prime my eyes I use Urban Decays Primer Potion in Original. Using a Zoeva 228 brush I take M.A.C's Rule eyeshadow and blend it into the upper crease area as a transition shade. Next, I go in with my crease colour with a M.A.C 217 brush and the shade Swiss Chocolate. To deepen the crease I take Embark with a Zoeva 224 brush and concentrate on the outer V and bringing it lightly into the crease. Using a Zoeva 237 and M.A.C's eyeshadow in Artificial Earth all over my lid. Taking the Zoeva 231 and 224 I go under my eye with rule and swiss chocolate.

For mascara I use Maybelline Great Lash and Benefits Badgal Lash. My under-ey concealer is Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer with the Real Techniques Sponge (the beauty blender dupe).

Contour is very important for me as my chubby face means a lack of definition and shape. Using Bobbi Brown's Foundation Stick in Almond I create lines on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin and buff the product out with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush. Followed by a Morphe contour brush and Anastasia Beverly Hills contour powder in Java.

For blush I use a Zoeva 126 brush and M.A.C's Blush in Buff to add colour to my cheeks. Next I use M.A.C's Bronzing Powder in Golden to add a glow at the back of my cheek bones. For highlight I use M.A.C's Vanilla Pigment on a Zoeva 105 brush for my face and 227 for under my brows and my inner corner.

Finally, it's time for the stand-out part of the look - the lips! I line my lips in M.A.C's Lip Liner in Currant and their Lipstick in Hang-Up. To finish the whole look I spray my Fix+ all over my face and voila!

Feel free to leave any questions or requests in the comment section! Thanks for reading!
Char xo

2 comments:

  1. The colours on the eye look gorgeous with the plum lips. Really pretty

    Katie xx

    OkayKate.

    ReplyDelete