Wednesday 4 March 2015

Worth the hype? Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit!

Worth the hype?

This product is hyped about loads on social media and made out to be a beauty must-have! I think it's crucial to get the in-sight of an un-biased, average persons views. I mean sure, the artists love it but how does it work for ordinary people? I'm here to deliver that. 
 

It comes in a sleek black cover reminds me of a hard-back book. I got the average one that's non-custom in Light but you can make your own version with their 29 shades. For shade range, that's incredible and I think that because they're magnetic they'll work in any average Z-palette.

In this non-custom palette you get the highlight shades in Vanilla, a super light pinky-tone, Banana, a banana milkshake yellow and Sand which is a shimmery champagne colour. I don't personally use Vanilla often but it is a gorgeous, less obvious highlight which is perfect for a subtle highlight. I use banana as a concealer setter and to 'bake' my contour. My favourite, though, is Sand. It gives a gorgeous shine without chunky glitter. 

The contour shades you get are Java which is slightly too dark but is perfect to create the line then blend out, Fawn which is a perfect colour match for my skin-tone to contour with and Havana which I don't use often because of how dark it is (but it makes a gorgeous crease shade!). 

Over-all these powders are pigmented and a gorgeous consistency, they're a dream to blend out and have multiple uses. I'd recommend them to anyone but would suggest creating your own kit. Don't worry if you can't afford the 40$ (about 26£) price tag as NYX has brought one out recently that looks like it will be great quality!

Thanks for reading,
Char xo

No comments:

Post a Comment