Saturday 21 March 2015

Kimmy K inspired / Collab.


Me and my close friend, Emily, over at Emily Fayes Little World decided to do a celeb inspired collab. Many ideas later we decided to go for Kim Kardashian as her make-up is always flawless and very wearable. I've been obsessed with her platinum hair and cool toned shadows, so I had to choose this photo to re-create!

For Kim's flawless complexion I started off with my Smashbox Colour Adjust Primer, the product is green but works in to be clear and works wonders for my uneven, red skin-tone. Next I went in with my M.A.C Prolongwear Concealer in NC15, this colour is really light and works so well to highlight your under-eye area! After this step I went in with my holy-grail foundation, Studio Fix Fluid by M.A.C in NC15 (the concealer is lighter than the foundation, so watch out!). I love this foundation for the full coverage and natural finish.

For my brows I used M.A.C's Fluidline in Dipdown. To carve them out with Benefit's Erase Paste in Light to achieve a crisp edge. To prime my eyes I used Urban Decays Primer Potion in Original and a cream eye-shadow all over as a base so that my eye-shadows blend easier. For the gorgeous cool toned look that's going on I used Tease from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette as a transition colour and Defy from the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette do darken and define my crease. For my lid I went in the Foxy from the UD Naked 2 Palette and lined my eyes with my Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner. The picture below shows the look before lashes, but at the end I will inset a photo with lashes, I used my M.A.C 48's for a super dramatic, lush look.


No Kardashian look would be complete without a heavy contour! I used my Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Light, I used Fawn to map out my contour lines and create shadow on my cheeks, nose, temples and jawline. My next step is to mix Fawn with Java for a warmer colour to buff out my contour. Using my M.A.C Powder Blush in Buff, I sweep this across the apples of my cheeks and upwards. To create more of a sun-kissed look I go in with my M.A.C Bronzing Powder in Golden lightly. To finish the skin and give it that signature Kardashian glow I used M.A.C's Soft and Gentle across the tops of my cheeks, forehead, centre of the nose and cupids bow.

For the big, nude lips I used M.A.C's Lipliner in Boldy Bear and Lipstick in Myth. Kim's lip colour is more flat and brown but I personally don't own a brown toned nude lip and used M.A.C's gloss in Florabundance to make my lips seem more plump. Below is a photo including the lashes!


Hope you enjoyed! Feel free to comment below :)
Charxo

3 comments:

  1. Make sure you pop over to my blog at some point tomorrow as I have a post going up that you are featured in, along with a few other bloggers! x
    emilyfayeslittleworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you done your eyeliner! this whole makeup look is my goals haha
    Dalal xx, monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete